Friday, February 1, 2008

Baker's Dozen Art Quilt Challenge

Welcome to our brand new Baker's Dozen Art Quilt Challenge group! Hopefully I will find twelve other fiber/art quilters who are ready and willing to spend some time learning new techniques and playing with new ideas.
My name is Lauren Fureymoore and I am a quilt artist. My studio name is Painted Poppy Studio in Newport News, Virginia, USA. I would like to do a fairly regular challenge of making a 13" squarish art quilts around a specific theme. I was inspired to start this because of the group Twelve by 12
http://twelveby12.blogspot.com/
Once I have 12 other artists signed up, the blog will be available for them to individually post an intro to themselves or whatever they feel inspired to share.
I think this will be a lot of fun and it could very possibly turn into a "live" show as I'm lucky enough to have the Peninsula Fine Arts Center right down the road from my house.

17 comments:

Cathy Vigor said...

I would love to join the Bakers Dozen challenge.
Cathy Vigor

Diane said...

Do count me in as well. Thrilled to have the opportunity.
http://dianehamburgart.blogspot.com
Diane

Jill Smith said...

count me in Laura,
Jill

Sylvia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ann said...

I'm really new to fabric art. It could be a great place to stretch and grow, if you do not mind someone as green as me.

Susan J Barker said...

Lauren, if space allows, I would like to be part of this challenge. I am in Canada on the west coast and write for the Canadian Quilter Magazine, as Miss Snips -- http://jswb.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I'm really interested in this too - I'm a quilter who is interested in exploring and expanding my creative boundaries, so if you can deal with a wannabe artist, please count me in! Jan

momma helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ivy Arts said...

I don't know if you're still taking artists, but I'm interested. I'm a big fan of the 12 x 12 group as well. This sounds like a great challenge.
Peg

Lera said...

hi,
i'd like to participate in the baker's dozen if you have room. thank you,
lera cavanaugh
ljcavanaughmi@comcast.net

Diane said...

Haven't heard anything. Perhaps because I didn't leave an email address.

Jeanette Thompson said...

If there is room, can I join. ALso a relatively new art quilter, this is a great challenge to work on.

Jeanette Thompson said...

Hi, I think I made the same mistake as Diane, no email address. I am new to this blog thing, here it is jevirgo27@gmail.com. let me know if there is still room.

Ivy Arts said...

Here's my email if it helps. Is there any new info available?

Peg
blog (at) ivyarts (dot) com

ann said...

Haven't heard anything. If you click on my name it brings you to my site. Just realized you want our e-addresses. Here it is,
ann

designerann@yahoo.com

Rachael said...

I would also like to join if there is still an opening.
Rachael
rachaelb@med.umich.edu

Unknown said...

Oops, here's my email address as well - fatzaz@gmail.com. Hope to hear something soon! Jan in AZ